Jenkins Engineering Defence Systems was founded by our Managing Director, Peter Jenkins in 1989. Since that time JEDS has strived to be the leader in the support and marketing of defence electronic systems.
JEDS has two major facilities located at Sydney and Rockingham, near Perth. Staff are also located in Canberra, Nowra, NSW and Adelaide SA.
Key Events and Milestones
Jenkins Engineering Defence Systems founded.
AS 3903/ISO 9003 as a Defence Accredited supplier moved to premises at Matraville NSW.
Installed a 10m fully computerised anechoic chamber capable of ranging small to medium omni and DF antennas from 500MHz to 40GHz.
Purchased premises in Botany and established a mechanical facility at the site.
Submarine Antenna: designed, developed and manufactured for the Australian Navy.
AS/NZS ISO 9002 Quality Assurance certification.
DF System upgrade for the Australian Army.
AS/NZS ISO 9001 Quality Assurance certification for Sydney office.
Purchased premises in Matraville, providing more extensive facilities.
Introduced new ESM System to the Royal Australian Navy.
Upgraded DF system for the Royal Australian Navy.
AS/NZS ISO 9001 Quality Assurance certification for WA office.
Purchased premises in Port Adelaide.
AS/NZS ISO 9001 Quality Assurance certification for SA office.
AS/NZS ISO 9001:2008 Quality Assurance certification for Sydney office.
JEDS selected as ITT`s partner to supply the LowBand DF System as part of the ITT EW System for the RAN Air Warfare Destroyer.
JEDs selected by Terma AS Denmark to be the local support partner for the Terma C Raid System.
JEDS completes delivery of an important SIGINT contract in conjunction with an overseas partner for the Royal Australian Army.
JEDS selected by ITT Exelis to supply the LowBand DF System as part of the ITT EW System for the RAN upgraded ANZAC Frigates.
Tasks the Company has Undertaken
- The repair of a wide range of radar and radio systems for Australian Defence Forces,
- The design, development, fabrication, modification and installation onboard of antennas, masthead equipment and electronic systems,
- Sub-contract manufacture and assembly of equipment for larger Defence and Communication manufacturers,
- The design and manufacture of ESM power supplies, amplifiers, radomes and antennas.
- Supplying the LowBand DF Subsytem as part of the EW system for the Navy’s major Surface Fleet Combatants.
- To be the leaders in the support and marketing of defence electronic systems, which includes EW, radar and radio communications.
- To maintain leadership by the quality of service and commitment to continuous improvement; and
- To be a supplier of internationally competitive products for the Defence and Communications industries.
- To work with local and overseas companies to bring responsive and committed service, value, local innovation and IP, through being an ethical and trusted partner
Jenkins Engineering Defence Systems achieves these objectives by partnering with Australian, USA and European suppliers. Additionally we actively pursue and promote partnering with companies which compliment our company’s strengths in defence and related markets throughout the Australasian region.